a little bit of silliness....click on the picture to create a fly for it to eat....

Thursday, November 18, 2010

First day at work....

I spent the first day at the restaurant today, taking alook at the process and making notes.  Mr Doan and I also spent some time playing with chcolate after the restaurant shift was over...he's a very astute young man and a quick learner.  I keep meaning to take photo's while I'm working but it get's so frantic that I forget, but I will tape the camera to my forehead tomorrow so I don't forget.
I did take some short video of our trip to work..the scenic route...
I've been spending so much time on motorbikes here that I thought I should 'go native' and buy myself one of the local crash helmets...as yo can see they are not really made to actually protect anything.  Despite it now being law to wear a helmet the people tend to see it as either a 'suggestion' or a fashion statement than a serious protective device, and since the traffic seldom gets to go faster than about 35km it's not a big problem.  I got myself  a cute green one with a hibiscus on it.... and the face mask (you can see in the second video) is a necessity ...otherwise you end up with a mouthful of nasty stinging crap! I hate to think what's I swallowed the first day, so I wear this pretty one  now.

Off to bed now...but I promise to take a slew of photo's at KOTO tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment