a little bit of silliness....click on the picture to create a fly for it to eat....

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coffee marshmallow and crazy cakes....

Two days of making stuff that I've never done before...marshmallow and fudge.  The marshmallow worked perfectly but the fudge turned out to be the chewy kind not the Russian fudge I was hoping for...ah well, you can't win 'em all.  Here's the marshmallow...




It was so soft and smooth, melt in the mouth...and so easy...

Today I was asked to give a class on celebration cakes and no-one turned up! 

It ended up being Doan and I for the first 45mins, then Thu; one of the kitchen trainers arrived...wow...three of us!  Thu then got on the phone and harassed two more people into coming which is possibly even more humiliating!  Bit of a dissapointment but hey, if no-one wants to learn then I get more time off!

I did two versions of the same little two tier cake, one for a wedding - white on white...and the other an over the top birthday cake using the royal icing flowers we'd been practicing last week.  I used the RTR I'd made last week to coat the cakes and was really pleased with the result...not perfect but pretty smooth for the first go.




Wild and crazy and a lot of fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment