a little bit of silliness....click on the picture to create a fly for it to eat....

Saturday, March 20, 2010

The journey...

When I decided to go to Vietnam I gave a lot of thought to how I was going to raise the money. I talked to friends who offered great advice, not all of it legal or appropriate, but good none the less. I checked out sites on the web that offered ideas and inspiration. Unfortunatley I can't raise money under the banner of KOTO as any funds raised in their name in this country have to be sent directly to them. Most of the hints and tips on the websites were aimed at registered charities, or those operating for registered charities. I can't run raffles, well, not legally. People who donate can't claim a tax rebate so there's no incentive there. Any money I raise can be classified as income as far as the tax department is concerned, I need to be scrupulous about logging 'gifts' received to avoid this. I've tried contacting Rotary, Lions and Probus with no response...I think a personal contact in those organisations may be more successful. So it's down to face-painting, cooking classes, selling home made doggie treats and whatever I can save from my part-time work. Any ideas people? I've sent off info packs to the local papers with no response just yet, but I live in hope...I'm open to any sensible suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment